3 ways to link marketing to revenue without metrics
I’m looking forward to our annual ITSMA spring road trip. This time, I’ll be speaking about how to tie thought leadership to revenue, starting in Santa Clara, CA next Wednesday, and in New York and Newton, MA the following week. Hope you can join us.
Now, you may think that because I’m using revenue and thought leadership together in the same sentence that I’m going to reveal some secret way to measure the link between the white paper you published last month and the complex solution sale you make six months from now. Alas, no such magic metric exists.
We’re focusing on the wrong things
In fact, our most recent thought leadership survey found that few marketers are measuring much besides consumption of their marketing content. I’m not saying that you should stop measuring consumption; but it’s clear that those kinds of metrics don’t give business people the answers they’re looking for when they ask about the value of marketing. They want more strategic answers, such as whether marketing is increasing the velocity of contacts through the buying process and reducing the time and effort that salespeople need to expend in making a sale.
To read full article click here…
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- Marketing Automation A Growth Driver For EdTech Sector
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- Digiperform Expands In India To Offer Digital Marketing Training
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing