3Com Launches Convergent Ready Switch
3Com Corporation, a provider of converged voice and data networking solutions, has introduced the 3Com Baseline Switch 2226-PWR Plus- a Web configurable switch targeted at the SMB segment.
Easy-to-use, the switch features automated Quality of Service (QoS) for voice prioritization, flexible media Gigabit uplinks, in addition to Power over Ethernet (PoE) on all 24 10/100 ports.
The new switch automatically detects and prioritizes NBX IP telephony traffic, making voice prioritization transparent to the user and helping to ensure that mission-critical and real-time applications run effectively.
The switch also supports PoE-enabled wireless LAN access points for small businesses to go wireless more easily. According to the company, the switch is key in creating the network infrastructure that supports IP telephony applications and other business applications.
The Baseline Switch 2226-PWR Plus is designed to reduce the cost of deploying voice-over-IP applications, accelerating the adoption of VoIP and similar converged technologies.
The new switch is an ideal layer 2 switch for SMBs wiring closets or branch office environments that use LAN infrastructure for the deployment of network applications such as IP telephones, wireless LAN access points, network jacks, video surveillance, and remote video kiosks.
The 3Com Baseline 2226-PWR Plus is currently shipping and lists for $1,295.
- Dawn of 4G Brings 3G Handsets' Demise In India
- Consumers Would Pay More For Product Transperancy: Study
- Networks Should Scale Up To Match Storage Needs
- IT Networking Market To Accelerate In 2015
- Top Considerations While Making Smart Switch To 802.11ac
- EMC, Brocade Seek Goldmine In Unstructured Data
- Google Talk Maybe Dead, But Google Is Everywhere
- India's IT Networking Market Hoping For Better Days
- Better Talent Matching Can Save Indian Firms Rs 22.3 bn
- Linux users file EU complaint against Microsoft