3D Imaging To Have A Huge Impact On Healthcare
Recent developments in 3D imaging, an optical technique in which two images of the same object are blended to create a 3D appearance, have made real-time, interactive 3D imaging applications available to everyone. It has found its way into multiple industries, enhancing visualization and customer experience. However, one of the key industries in which 3D imaging technology will have an impact is healthcare, according to a new analysis from Frost & Sullivan which shows that the ultrasound segment has benefitted the most from 3D imaging technologies. The increase in usage of magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography will also fuel uptake.
Healthcare in three-dimensional (3D) imaging technologies, which include anaglyphy, stereoscopy, auto-stereoscopy, holography and volumetric displays as well as 3D modeling, scanning, layout and animation, and rendering. The global market is witnessing rapid developments in 3D imaging, an optical technique in which two images of the same object are blended to create a 3D appearance.
“Its ability to facilitate fast and accurate diagnosis and thus provide better patient care has attracted the healthcare segment to 3D imaging technologies,” said Technical Insights Research Analyst Kaushik Anantharaman.
3D imaging technologies might offer several advantages but they do not cater to price-sensitive markets. As such, the high cost and technical difficulties involved in producing quality 3D images are key impediments to widespread use in these markets.
General acceptance of 3D imaging technologies has suffered due to the need to wear 3D glasses and headaches, fatigue and nausea associated with viewing 3D images. Along with these factors, overall lack of 3D content has kept market development in check.
“Clearly, there remains a need to roll out cost-effective 3D systems that can provide high-quality information and images,” concluded Research Analyst Jabez Mendelson.
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- OTT Gaining Momentum Due To Faster Internet
- Smartron Brings AI powered IoT Platform
- ContentMart.com: Creating Waves In Online Content Marketplace
- 7 Ways To Take Care Of Employees' Mental Health
- Zirca Bets On Content Innovation With ContentdB
- CDN: An Essential Tool For Seamless Content Delivery
- 3 Factors For Evaluating CDN For Your Business