4G ID to provide biometric devices to UIDAI
4G Identity Solutions (4G ID) has won two bids to provide both fingerprint and iris recognition devices to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as it undertakes building the world’s largest national registry. These devices will be used in the Proof of Concept (PoC) tests and the data collected in the PoC will be used in the UIDAI’s biometrics Center of Competence.
A key requirement of the Unique ID system is to eliminate duplicate identities in order to improve the efficacy of service delivery under numerous federal and state programs. UIDAI has chosen to capture iris, fingerprint and facial biometric features as the primary mechanisms for ensuring uniqueness.
Dr. Sreeni Tripuraneni, CEO, 4G ID, said "The size, diversity and nature of India’s population, and adverse field conditions each add unique challenges to achieving uniqueness through biometric features. We at 4G ID know this because of our substantial experience in large-scale biometrics in India. 4G ID is pleased to be able to offer the expertise it has gained in building the world’s largest biometric ID databases in India.
India cannot leverage other countries’ experiences in designing the UIDAI’s biometrics systems and processes. Those experiences simply do not exist in terms of scale, diversity, and environmental conditions. Therefore, it is necessary to test devices and enrolment processes in various Indian environments.
- 5 Digital Transaction Trends To Follow This Year
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead
- 7 AI Technologies To Power The Enterprise
- Why Biometric Smartphone Security Needs A Relook
- Iris Scanners Are The New PIN
- Biometrics-Enabled Tech To Become Enterprise Reality
- Why Biometric Smartphones Are The Way Forward
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 24-29)