500 Mn Plus Internet Users In India By 2016 End: Ravi Shankar Prasad
India is expected to have more than 500 million internet users by the end of this year, said Ravi Shankar Prasad, minister for communications and Information Technology.
The minister in an event said,” At present the country boasts of about 400 million internet users and as per TRAI figures the number is 332 million. The service providers estimate the number at about 402 million and by 2017, India is expected to have about 500 million users. I feel it may happen this year itself.”
The minister also said that India now has over 100 crore mobile users and going by the official data which he released in Lok Sabha, GSM subscribers constitute 98.2 crore of the mobile population, while CDMA users count 4.45 crore of the total users.
”India is sitting on cusp of a big digital revolution. Indians first observe technology, then adopt it and then they start enjoying it and become empowered in the process,” added the minister.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Social Commerce: The Next Big Thing In Payment?
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- Tackling Cybersecurity In The Digital Age
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 30-Nov 3)
- Only 8 pc Global Enterprises Are 'Truly Intelligent', Says Study