500 Mn Plus Internet Users In India By 2016 End: Ravi Shankar Prasad
India is expected to have more than 500 million internet users by the end of this year, said Ravi Shankar Prasad, minister for communications and Information Technology.
The minister in an event said,” At present the country boasts of about 400 million internet users and as per TRAI figures the number is 332 million. The service providers estimate the number at about 402 million and by 2017, India is expected to have about 500 million users. I feel it may happen this year itself.”
The minister also said that India now has over 100 crore mobile users and going by the official data which he released in Lok Sabha, GSM subscribers constitute 98.2 crore of the mobile population, while CDMA users count 4.45 crore of the total users.
”India is sitting on cusp of a big digital revolution. Indians first observe technology, then adopt it and then they start enjoying it and become empowered in the process,” added the minister.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- More Commercial Blockchain Activities In 2019: Deloitte