7 Must-Have Apps For Indian Business Users
More enterprises are expanding the use of mobile apps for their employees, partners and customers. The surge in the adoption of smartphones and smart mobile devices and the need to improve productivity of mobile workers are further fuelling this trend. While there are innumerable apps available to the enterprise, we list out some seven apps that are must-have for business users as these apps will not only help CXOs organize their business, but also can be used across verticals and geographies - and aid them in running a successful enterprise.
1. Evernote: Evernote is a cross-platform, freemium app designed for note taking, organizing, and archiving. It is developed by the Evernote Corporation, a private company headquartered in Redwood City, California. The app allows users to create a “note” which can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten “ink” note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notebooks can be added to a stack while notes can be sorted into a notebook, tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as part of a notebook.
Evernote supports a number of operating system platforms (including OS X, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, BlackBerry 10, and webOS) and also offers online synchronization and backup services. Evernote is available in a paid version or a more restricted free version. Use of the online service is free up to a certain monthly usage limit, with additional monthly use reserved for Plus subscribers, and unlimited monthly use for Premium customers.
Linkedin is a business-oriented social networking service which has evolved to become one of the most important and prevalent resources for professional networking available. Widely used across the globe for professional networking, Linkedin has over the years enabled people to build their professional identity, discover professional opportunities and offers professionals a branding platform.
Founded in December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking. As of 2015, most of the site’s revenue comes from selling access to information about its users to recruiters and sales professionals. In 2006, LinkedIn increased to 20 million members. As of October 2015, LinkedIn reports more than 400 million acquired users in more than 200 countries and territories. Whether you network for job opportunities, sales prospects, or just overall experience, it’s true that LinkedIn keeps you connected anywhere.
3. Paytm: Paytm is a very well known mobile recharge & bill payment app. Its user friendly format helps in making quick mobile or utility bills payment. Users can also shop online at Paytm. In 2014, the company launched Paytm Wallet, now India’s largest mobile payment service platform with over 100 million wallets & 25 million app downloads. Paytm Wallet can also be used to pay for shopping online at many destinations or pay for services such as cab fare and more. The firm started by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, an Indian entrepreneur and founder of Paytm offering mobile recharging, adding bill payment and e-commerce, with products similar to businesses such as Flipkart, Amazon.com, Snapdeal. In 2015, it added booking bus travel as well.
4. GoToMeeting: Citrix’s GoToMeeting allows entrepreneurs to conduct their meetings from anywhere they wish. It gives business owners a chance to meet with employees or investors from anywhere. Experts believe, the updated version is not only good, fast and reliable, but also makes one-click dialing that much simpler for those always on the go.
GoToMeeting platform has long played an important role for small businesses, offering them a robust online meeting service that doesn’t require spending a lot of money. It has also been an attractive solution for firms with lean technology resources.
5. Adobe Reader: Adobe Acrobat is a family of application software and Web services developed by Adobe Systems to view, create, manipulate, print and manage files in Portable Document Format (PDF). It is widely used by professionals and students as it makes viewing documents easier. The commercial proprietary Acrobat, available for Microsoft Windows and OS X only, can also create, edit, convert, digitally sign, encrypt, export and publish PDF files. Acrobat.com complements the family with a variety of enterprise content management and file hosting services.
6. Google Maps: this app continues to get smarter thanks to Google’s 2013 acquisition of Waze. These apps are now using drivers as sensors to detect accidents and other slowdowns in real time. Google introduced Maps Engine Pro, a utility that allows small businesses to use Google’s location tools to create maps out of location databases.
Google also launched My Business, a tool that allows you to manage all of your business’s information in one central location. Google created this tool that so you don’t have to log in to multiple pages (Maps, Search, Google+, reviews, etc.) to make updates to your pages. By using the app, you are not only ensuring that potential customers receive your correct business information; you are increasing your favorability when it comes to the Google Maps Local Listing Map Pack.
7. Chromecast: More than just an entertainment streaming app, this tool also allows for wireless screen-casting from laptops and tablets to any television or display monitor with an HDMI port (physical Chromecast device also required). It is a line of digital media players developed by Google. Designed as small dongles, the devices play audio/video content on a high-definition television or home audio system by directly streaming it via Wi-Fi from the Internet or a local network. Users select the media to play using mobile apps and web apps that support the Google Cast technology. Alternatively, content can be mirrored from the Google Chrome web browser running on a personal computer, as well as from the screen of some Android devices.
- Adobe Acquires Cloud Marketing Firm Marketo
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Talent-Mobility Gap Drives Talent Away: Study
- AR-VR To Become Enterprise Reality In 3-4 Years: Study
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- How Fanfare Personalizes Shopping Experience Via Blockchain
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Paytm Mall Eyes $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March'19
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- Home Automation Is The Next Big Thing, And Here Already!