A K Sawhney to Oversee Trai Functions
A K Sawhney, the senior most member of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, will oversee the functions of the regulatory body till the appointment of a new chairman. Current Chairman Nipendra Misra retired on March 22.
Government has already formed a committee under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar to find a new chairman for the high profile post. The committee has short-listed 13 candidates for the post, it is reliably learnt.
The new chairman is likely to assume charge after the completion of the parliamentary elections. Till then Sawhney will look after the day-to-day activities.
The post of Trai chairman assumes great significance as leading telecom players across the world are trying to enter the Indian telecom market and the country is poised to allocate spectrum to roll out 3G services.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India