A K Sawhney to Oversee Trai Functions
A K Sawhney, the senior most member of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, will oversee the functions of the regulatory body till the appointment of a new chairman. Current Chairman Nipendra Misra retired on March 22.
Government has already formed a committee under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar to find a new chairman for the high profile post. The committee has short-listed 13 candidates for the post, it is reliably learnt.
The new chairman is likely to assume charge after the completion of the parliamentary elections. Till then Sawhney will look after the day-to-day activities.
The post of Trai chairman assumes great significance as leading telecom players across the world are trying to enter the Indian telecom market and the country is poised to allocate spectrum to roll out 3G services.
- AI Is Making BI Smarter
- Microsoft, DSCI Team Up To Fill The Women In Cybersecurity Gap
- How Make in India Can Lead The World With Disruptive Innovation
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down