A K Sawhney to Oversee Trai Functions
A K Sawhney, the senior most member of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, will oversee the functions of the regulatory body till the appointment of a new chairman. Current Chairman Nipendra Misra retired on March 22.
Government has already formed a committee under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar to find a new chairman for the high profile post. The committee has short-listed 13 candidates for the post, it is reliably learnt.
The new chairman is likely to assume charge after the completion of the parliamentary elections. Till then Sawhney will look after the day-to-day activities.
The post of Trai chairman assumes great significance as leading telecom players across the world are trying to enter the Indian telecom market and the country is poised to allocate spectrum to roll out 3G services.
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India