A K Sawhney to Oversee Trai Functions
A K Sawhney, the senior most member of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, will oversee the functions of the regulatory body till the appointment of a new chairman. Current Chairman Nipendra Misra retired on March 22.
Government has already formed a committee under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar to find a new chairman for the high profile post. The committee has short-listed 13 candidates for the post, it is reliably learnt.
The new chairman is likely to assume charge after the completion of the parliamentary elections. Till then Sawhney will look after the day-to-day activities.
The post of Trai chairman assumes great significance as leading telecom players across the world are trying to enter the Indian telecom market and the country is poised to allocate spectrum to roll out 3G services.
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023