A K Sawhney to Oversee Trai Functions
A K Sawhney, the senior most member of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, will oversee the functions of the regulatory body till the appointment of a new chairman. Current Chairman Nipendra Misra retired on March 22.
Government has already formed a committee under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar to find a new chairman for the high profile post. The committee has short-listed 13 candidates for the post, it is reliably learnt.
The new chairman is likely to assume charge after the completion of the parliamentary elections. Till then Sawhney will look after the day-to-day activities.
The post of Trai chairman assumes great significance as leading telecom players across the world are trying to enter the Indian telecom market and the country is poised to allocate spectrum to roll out 3G services.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson