Mobile app to gain secure, instant access to corporate data
Fueled by a need to access corporate files and documents—from any location, on any device—end users are compromising IT security by adopting unsecured consumer-grade cloud services that place enterprise data at risk. To address such business needs NetApp launched NetApp Connect, for secure, instant, and easy mobile access to data stored on NetApp storage systems.
The product, based on technology NetApp acquired from ionGrid, can integrate seamlessly into a NetApp environment without requiring complex VPN setup or separate authentication tools. Additionally, all data remains completely on-premise while delivering consumer-class simplicity and ease of use to the enterprise.
NetApp Connect complements NetApp’s partner-delivered mobility solutions such as Citrix ShareFile and VMware Horizon Suite, helping NetApp deliver a more complete range of capabilities to enterprise customers.
By keeping all data securely behind the corporate firewall and never copied to the cloud, NetApp Connect offers mobile access to corporate data while maintaining the tight security and control that enterprise IT requires for keeping its data and business protected.
The app is currently available for download as an app from the Apple App Store and soon to be released for other mobile devices, NetApp Connect users can easily stream, view, download, edit, and pass on corporate information securely and directly from their iOS devices (including iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini), whether it’s on file shares, on Microsoft SharePoint, or served by Intranet web applications.
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- How Livechat Helps Foodpanda Speed Up Its Delivery
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- NetApp Launches DVEC To Empower Customers, Partners
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- Tim Cook Wants A Bigger Slice Of Apple Pie From India
- Microsoft, Amazon, India’s Top Employers: Randstad
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- Amazon Beats Apple, Google To Become World’s Most Valuable Brand