Accenture announces launch of public cloud platform
Accenture recently announced the launched of its public cloud platform. The new Accenture Cloud Platform provides a secure, scalable, and enterprise-ready cloud integration system. According to a company statement, the new platform provides management and control over cloud services that are being delivered to clients, whether by Accenture or from a third party provider.
As part of the strategic initiative, Accenture announced that it will invest more than $400 million in cloud technologies, capabilities and training by 2015 to focus on delivering the right cloud services from its network of providers, as well as blending its own industry solutions and innovations with third party offerings.
“Already in use on more than 200 projects, the Accenture Cloud Platform features proven technologies and business processes to help our clients make the safe journey to cloud,” said Jack Sepple, global senior managing director, Cloud, Accenture. He added that the company forsees the growing use of public cloud services and is uniquely positioned to offer the best of breed from a variety of vendors as as well continue to extend its portfolio of cloud offerings in every category including public, private and hybrid.
According to industry analyst firm IDC, the total market size for cloud will grow from approximately $40 billion in 2012 to $98 billion in 2016. This includes projections for software as a service (SaaS) to reach $37 billion, infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to reach $30 billion, system infrastructure software as a service to reach $20 billion, and platform as a service (PaaS) to reach $10 billion by 2016.According to the Accenture Technology Vision 2013 report, digital technology has become a strategic imperative and a tool of competitive intent for businesses today.
As part of its overall investment, Accenture has created expanded services on the Accenture Cloud Platform, including public and virtual private cloud infrastructure, data decommissioning, software systems testing and big data analytics solutions in the cloud.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question