Accenture Announces Fifth Edition of ‘Innovation Jockeys’ Contest
Accenture, in association with Yahoo India, has launched its fifth season of #InnovationJockeys: The Hunt for India’s most Innovative Minds – a contest inviting full-time undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students in India to use technology to develop innovative ideas. The goal of this year’s contest is to bring a positive change to society, through the three themes: detecting fraud and preventing business malpractice; creating an inclusive digital India; and empowering women.
“The last four seasons of Innovation Jockeys have generated more than 9,300 ideas from students across India,” said Raghavan Iyer, Managing Director, Technology Delivery and Innovation Council lead for Accenture in India. “They have also inspired innovative ideas on emerging technologies and given young minds an opportunity to stand out. This year, we urge students to think about inclusive innovation and to develop pioneering ideas that tackle challenges that society faces every day.”
“This year marks the fifth season of Innovation Jockeys and we are expecting a grander participation. It has been very exciting to be associated with a platform that encourages young minds to take on challenges, innovate and envision a better tomorrow,” said Unni Aravindakshan, Vice President – Production Engineering and Head, Yahoo Software Development India Pvt. Ltd. “We look forward to identifying even more such individuals this year, and providing them with the inspiration to take their ideas forward.”
Applicants for the #InnovationJockeys 2016 contest can register solo or in teams of up to four members as they submit:
- Solutions for detecting fraud and preventing malpractice;
- Platforms or applications that support the creation of a “digital India” in which all citizens can participate and enjoy “digital citizenship”; and,
- Solutions that will empower the lives of women by improving their health, safety and employment opportunities.
The deadline for submitting ideas is August 17, 2016. The submissions will go through an initial round of review by the contest’s jury, and the final shortlisted participants will be invited to present their ideas to the jury in the grand finale in Bengaluru on October 20, 2016. For complete information on Innovation Jockeys: The Hunt for India’s most Innovative Minds, log on to http://innovationjockeys.net/.
Members of the Grand Prize winning team will receive an Apple MacBook Pro. They will also have the opportunity to visit the Accenture Technology Labs in Dublin, Ireland, or in Silicon Valley, California, USA, or visit the Accenture Internet of Things (IoT) Center of Excellence in Singapore. Winners for each of the three themes will receive an Apple Watch, and the Jury’s Choice Award winners will receive a Bose SoundLink BT Speaker. Accenture has also introduced a new award category in this year’s contest: a Women’s team will be recognized separately, and members of this team will receive a Kindle Paperwhite. Additionally, all eligible participants of the grand finale will be given a chance to participate in a fast-track recruitment process with Accenture.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns