Accenture, Microsoft partner for public cloud services
As per the agreement, the companies will make it quicker and easier for users to adopt the Windows Azure platform, and drive benefits like increased speed-to-market and agility and collaboration.
Accenture and Microsoft signed an agreement that will enable Accenture to provide users with an end-to-end public cloud solution on the Windows Azure platform.
The agreement extends to Avanade, a provider of business technology solutions and managed services, and enables both Accenture and Avanade to sell, host and deliver Windows Azure services. Avanade is a majority-owned subsidiary of Accenture.
“This agreement adds a cost-effective, enterprise-ready cloud-based hosting option that is ready-to-deploy,” said Paul Daugherty, Chief Technology Architect and Global Cloud Services Lead for Accenture. “We can increase support for our clients’ cloud strategies and continue to help them achieve high performance.
Under the agreement, Accenture will expand its infrastructure outsourcing options to include Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) services as of now, and will also include Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) as it becomes available from Windows Azure.
Accenture said that the goal is to help make it quicker and easier to adopt the Windows Azure platform and drive benefits such as increased speed-to-market and agility, better collaboration across organizational boundaries, more modernized application portfolios, and a greater ability to manage variable demand capacity needs.
Doug Hauger, general manager, Windows Azure Business Development, at Microsoft Corporation, said, “Microsoft’s long-standing relationship with Accenture and Avanade creates a powerful team that can help customers advance their cloud strategy with Windows Azure.”
According to Accenture the agreement to deliver end-to-end public cloud solutions with Windows Azure is one in a series of recent strategic efforts between Microsoft and Accenture/Avanade. For example, Avanade and Microsoft are driving innovation in areas such as mobile enterprise and SQL Server solutions, the company said.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study