Accenture opens technology delivery center in Kolkata
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) today announced that it has opened a technology delivery center in Kolkata at Unitech Infospace in the Rajarhat New Town area. The center is expected to leverage the local talent of technology graduates and IT professionals, and that of existing Accenture professionals whose skills match the center’s needs and wish to relocate to Kolkata, company stated.
“The launch of our operations in Kolkata is further evidence of Accenture’s deep commitment to India and allows us to tap into a large pool of high-quality talent from the region,” remarked Keith Haviland, global lead for technology delivery, Accenture. “Our employees in Kolkata will work seamlessly with their Accenture colleagues around the world, sharing the same training, methodology, tools and metrics to ensure the same high level of service to our clients,” Haviland added further.
The 25th delivery center in India is also the 50th addition the company’s Global Delivery Network (GDN). The center is expected to provide a full range of IT services including application development and management and infrastructure support. According to the company, the center will also focus on developing capabilities in enterprise technologies such as SAP and Siebel, as well as net-centric technologies including Java and Microsoft, along with providing business-intelligence and testing capabilities.
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India