Accenture opens technology delivery center in Kolkata
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) today announced that it has opened a technology delivery center in Kolkata at Unitech Infospace in the Rajarhat New Town area. The center is expected to leverage the local talent of technology graduates and IT professionals, and that of existing Accenture professionals whose skills match the center’s needs and wish to relocate to Kolkata, company stated.
“The launch of our operations in Kolkata is further evidence of Accenture’s deep commitment to India and allows us to tap into a large pool of high-quality talent from the region,” remarked Keith Haviland, global lead for technology delivery, Accenture. “Our employees in Kolkata will work seamlessly with their Accenture colleagues around the world, sharing the same training, methodology, tools and metrics to ensure the same high level of service to our clients,” Haviland added further.
The 25th delivery center in India is also the 50th addition the company’s Global Delivery Network (GDN). The center is expected to provide a full range of IT services including application development and management and infrastructure support. According to the company, the center will also focus on developing capabilities in enterprise technologies such as SAP and Siebel, as well as net-centric technologies including Java and Microsoft, along with providing business-intelligence and testing capabilities.
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security