Accenture To Deploy ERP Solution For Azure Power
IT consulting firm Accenture announced that it has bagged a deal from one of India’s independent solar power producer, Azure Power, to implement enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution.
As per the deal, Accenture said it will provide implementation services in support of the SAP solution to Azure Power to help it strengthen business processes and improve planning, budgeting, forecasting, supply chain and revenue projections.
The solution will help Azure scale its rapidly expanding solar footprint across India and will enable more effective management of complex business transactions, it said in a statement. however, the financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
“We are seeing an increasing number of independent providers entering the market to take advantage of the opportunity offered by solar but it is critical that these companies have the right business framework in place to support the fast pace of growth in this sector,” Accenture Resources Operating Group MD India Sandeep Dutta said in a statement.
Inderpreet Wadhwa, CEO of Azure Power, said: “It is essential for us to have our core business processes automated with adequate controls in place and we are excited to start our relationship with Accenture to manage our growth better.”
Azure is trying to bringing the cost of solar energy, cutting down from Rs 17.97/KWhr in 2010 to Rs 5.45/KWhr in 2014. it is a leading player in the space and is working with the government and other industries to reach grid parity by 2017.
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business
- Top Trends Driving More Intelligent, Connected Enterprise
- Budget 2018: What's In Store For Renewable Energy Sector?
- 7 Tech Trends Every Successful CXO Should Know
- IBM, Salesforce Strengthen AI Partnership
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Cloud War Intensifies; Alibaba Taps Indian Enterprises
- How Brands Can Modernize Customer Engagement