Accenture To Deploy ERP Solution For Azure Power
IT consulting firm Accenture announced that it has bagged a deal from one of India’s independent solar power producer, Azure Power, to implement enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution.
As per the deal, Accenture said it will provide implementation services in support of the SAP solution to Azure Power to help it strengthen business processes and improve planning, budgeting, forecasting, supply chain and revenue projections.
The solution will help Azure scale its rapidly expanding solar footprint across India and will enable more effective management of complex business transactions, it said in a statement. however, the financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
“We are seeing an increasing number of independent providers entering the market to take advantage of the opportunity offered by solar but it is critical that these companies have the right business framework in place to support the fast pace of growth in this sector,” Accenture Resources Operating Group MD India Sandeep Dutta said in a statement.
Inderpreet Wadhwa, CEO of Azure Power, said: “It is essential for us to have our core business processes automated with adequate controls in place and we are excited to start our relationship with Accenture to manage our growth better.”
Azure is trying to bringing the cost of solar energy, cutting down from Rs 17.97/KWhr in 2010 to Rs 5.45/KWhr in 2014. it is a leading player in the space and is working with the government and other industries to reach grid parity by 2017.
- How Brands Can Modernize Customer Engagement
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- The Evolution Of Computer Science Programs
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Apple Partners With Accenture On Enterprise Mobile Apps
- 7 AI Technologies To Power The Enterprise
- Pi Datacenter's New Amaravati Facility To Employ 2,000 Staff
- IoT Adoption By Businesses, Govt On The Rise