Acer Deploys Android All-In-Ones At Mumbai Airport
Leading laptop player Acer has installed Android All-In-Ones’s at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA), Mumbai to make its phone calling facilities more interactive. The All-In-Ones have been successfully deployed at the CSIA by Novanet, a CSIA’s system integrator and has been operational since the last 2 quarters of 2014. It is now being used by thousands of travellers every day to reach out to their dear ones all over the world.
Novanet identified Acer’s Android All-In-Ones display systems to provide an interactive interface experience as compared to traditional public calling facilities that are available in the market. “As passenger traffic scaled up, there arose a requirement for un-manned phone kiosks, which the public can utilize to make calls anywhere around the world. Such a kiosk was a unique requirement and thus Novanet had to develop its own application wherein it used IP phone based solutions to enable customers make calls using pre-paid coupons that could be procured within the airport premises,” it said in a statement.
Explaining the specific reason for installing the interactive phone kiosks, Sunil Pachar, Senior VP, Novanet said, “We thought of designing the Phone Kiosks also in line with the theme of new airport. After looking through couple of products we zeroed in on the 27” Acer Display System. These fully functional phone kiosks empowers the customer to make calls anywhere using their credit cards, debit cards or prepaid value coupons purchased from the airport. We have integrated a host of other technology pieces like third party card readers, hard-wired phone handsets and speakers to provide the best voice conversation experience to all customers.
S Rajendran, Chief Marketing Officer, Acer India said, “We evaluated various options from the array of product offerings we had. And, in consultation with Novanet, we zeroed in on the right product to cater to the rigorous communication needs of millions of passengers operating out of the busy airport.”
- Media Firms To Think AI, Cognitive To Achieve Personalization
- ContentMart.com: Creating Waves In Online Content Marketplace
- Why India Needs A Second Green Revolution
- Cognitive Tech To Spur IT Sector Hiring: KPMG
- Airport Technologies Boost Passenger Experience: Study
- RJio Effect: Airtel, Vodafone, Idea May Launch VoLTE By Sept-End
- Leadership Lessons These 4 CEOs Learned From Their Moms
- Xiaomi Promotes Manu Jain As Global VP
- Smart Cities Need Smarter Citizens: Expert
- Mumbai Airport First In India To Implement Self Bag-Drop