Actia Uses SAP for Financial Management
Actia India supplies electronic and diagnostic tools for the automotive sector. It is a subsidiary of the Actia Group which has operations in 15 countries. It wanted a globally recognized software suite that would improve their stock visibility, streamline sales, purchasing & manufacturing, and reduce production of paper-based reports and re-keying of data. Integration, flexibility, and tailoring ability were the key functionalities required.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Sachin Bali, manager (IT) of Actia said, "We were using MS Excel and Tally earlier. However, when the management decided to automate financial processes in all offices around the globe, we decided to select a solution that was globally known." The company selected SAP B1 for its needs.
* Actia India was using a mix of Mix of MS Access and MS SQL, MS Excel, MS Word, and Tally
* Decentralized data was a problem. Use of different tools affected the efficiency of the company. The company wanted a single integrated solution that would handle the financial management of the company with minimal human intervention.
* To map job work process
* To capture returnable challan for capital goods (non inventory items)
* Non integrated system environment.
* High consumption of time & efforts to generate reports
* High consumption of time in master data collection
One of the major challenges was to capture the process of dismantling finished good and further utilizing those components in production of other finished good.
Solution & Benefits
Actia India selected SAP B1 for its needs. According to Bali, having a centralized and automated solution improves production planning, stock management, and forecasting while providing better control. Bali said they took advice from other companies in the Noida region and checked out a number of other vendors before selecting SAP.
Implementation of the Solution
Visnova Solutions acted as the implementation partners for Actia. The implementation process was completed in three months. The company also trained around 20 people from across 8 departments in the handling of the solution.
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- How Jotun Paints Success With Tally ERP
- How A Fleet Operator Boosts 50% Operational Efficiency
- Tally Helps Cable Manufacturer Boost 70% Efficiency
- Tally Helps Travel Firm Boost 90% Service Delivery
- 30 software cos separate from Nasscom, form new association
- 'Panini will be an ideal fit for Indian consumers'
- 'Wage inflation could hit the BPO industry this year'
- Tally unveils ERP 9 Series ‘A’ Release 3.0
- 'Mobile platforms & the cloud will be our focus going forward'