Acxsys, CGI Expand Technology & Apps Services
Acxsys Corporation and CGI Group Inc., provider of IT and business process services to financial institutions, have announced a 7-year, $23.6 million, multi-level IT services and technology outsourcing contract.
The services covered by the agreement include application maintenance for the Interac Email Money Transfer service, the Interac Online service and associated software applications; enhancement of Interac Email Money Transfer and Interac Online services over time; and 24/7 infrastructure management to support these applications and operations.
Acxsys offers the Interac Email Money Transfer and Interac Online services.
The Interac Email Money Transfer service is a financial institution based, person-to-person funds transfer product that uses Email to notify consumers of the transaction while financial institutions transfer these funds using established, secure inter-financial institution settlement systems.
The Interac Online service, on the other hand, enables consumers to make secure debit payments from their bank account when purchasing products and services from internet-based retailers - much like the point-of-sale transactions consumers make at traditional retailers.
“CGI has been providing 24/7 network management and managed support services to the Interac Association since 1993. Acxsys Corporation has been providing management services and facilities to the Interac Association since 1996. This continues CGI’s long association with the Interac brand,” said Michael E. Roach, president & CEO, CGI.
“We’re pleased to have CGI professionally manage systems operations and work with us to further advance these services” says Fred Harris, Sr. VP- Strategy and Business Development, Acxsys. “CGI’s advanced technology and application capabilities will help us to receive the dedicated support required to meet the needs of an increasingly demanding marketplace.”
“We are glad that Acxsys looks to us to deliver targeted services consistently, quickly, and at less risk. We are excited to continue building on this relationship with them,” added Roach.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions