Adaptec Enhances Series 5z Raid Controllers
Adaptec, a data center hardware and software storage solutions company, announced the availability of the Adaptec Series 5Z Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID controller family.
These high-performance controllers integrate a flash-based zero-maintenance cache protection module that provides data center managers with a single controller solution for data protection in the event of both power loss and drive failure.
Designed to replace the current generation of lithium ion battery-based cache back-up devices, the Adaptec RAID Series 5Z is an integrated solid state solution that significantly reduces annual data center operating costs and environmental impact. The controllers offer an integrated, maintenance-free design, eliminating the need to monitor battery charge levels or shut down servers for battery replacement, a company release stated.
As per Scott Cleland, director of marketing, Adaptec envisages an enormous need for feature-rich, maintenance-free data storage I/O solutions that work to lower overall IT costs and provide significant environmental advantages.
"For both SATA and SAS drives, the Adaptec Series 5Z family not only delivers the performance, scalability and power efficiency that our customers demand, but with zero maintenance cache protection, it offers a simple, maintenance-free solution that provides a critical layer of data protection that is often overlooked," said Cleland.
The new controller cache can store approximately 1 TB of data for every 3,000 servers.
According to the company, the Adaptec Series 5Z s protects data stored in controller cache for up to 10 years with no installation, monitoring, maintenance, disposal or replacement costs. Unlike lithium ion batteries, the new controllers protect cached data immediately, instead of hours after battery conditioning, providing instant protection and immediate optimized RAID performance. It enhances performance without the hassles of traditional battery-backup devices.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative