Addressing Enterprise Communication
With an improving economy, changing outsourcing trends, expansions and acquisitions, companies and their employees increasingly need to communicate globally.
To effectively service these needs, enterprise communication technologies are registering rapid advancements. But while most companies offer software and hardware solutions, enterprise communication bundled with business process executions can improve business productivity more effectively.
“Enterprises need to deploy value-added features such as presence technologies and video and audio applications to instant messaging capabilities to ensure substantial return on investment on the voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) deployments,” opined Frost & Sullivan Research Analysts Amit Jain and Vedavalli Rangan.
There is also a need to concentrate on R&D efforts to compete with mature telephony technologies. Faster deployment, enhanced voice quality over Internet protocol (IP) networks, scalability and reliability and facilitating communication over radio frequencies are the factors that need to be addressed effectively.
“Resorting to terminal rationalization wherein each user is provided only a single terminal helps in addressing user interface and deployment challenges,” remarks Rangan. “This effectively eliminates the hassles associated with numerous telephony extensions and facilitates optimal use of the appropriate telephone network.”
Also, developers of communication technologies and applications need to adhere to open standards so that customers are not locked to a single solution.
Providers are also trying to establish a universal protocol, like session initiation protocol (SIP) to enable interoperability between instant messaging, VoIP and audio/ video conferencing tools.
Companies are developing and launching products like enterprise connectivity software, messaging and conferencing solutions, and solutions to create bundled voice-video-data and fixed-mobile converged services.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData
- CIOs Say, Rapid Innovation Puts CX At Risk: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- New Technologies Drive Hiring In IT Sector: Survey