Adobe Introduces Cloud Based Digital Signature
Adobe announced the Cloud Signature Consortium - a group comprised of industry and academic organizations committed to building a new open standard for cloud-based digital signatures across mobile and web with an aim to take digital signatures mainstream,
Adobe believes that the world’s most secure form of signing is the electronic signing. Around 7 billion mobile devices around the globe can digitally sign documents from anywhere.
“With more than six billion digital and electronic signature transactions processed each year through Adobe Sign and Adobe Document Cloud, we are focused on moving the signature industry forward,” Bryan Lamkin, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Digital Media, Adobe, said in a statement.
This was announced on July 1 when a new European Union signature regulation (eIDAS) which will go into effect - paving the way for global adoption of secure digital signatures.
The new standard created by the consortium will give everyone access to secure digital signature solutions across a full range of cloud applications and mobile devices. Once implemented, the standard will benefit processes where signer identification is critical, such as applying for a business license, social security benefits or signing for a large loan.
The Cloud Signature Consortium aims to build a global network of industry contributors and intends to release new standard specifications by the end of this year. Thus the first cloud-based implementations would follow shortly thereafter.
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- Digital Workplaces Will Enhance Productivity, Says Zinnov
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- Marketing Automation A Growth Driver For EdTech Sector