Adobe Introduces Cloud Based Digital Signature
Adobe announced the Cloud Signature Consortium - a group comprised of industry and academic organizations committed to building a new open standard for cloud-based digital signatures across mobile and web with an aim to take digital signatures mainstream,
Adobe believes that the world’s most secure form of signing is the electronic signing. Around 7 billion mobile devices around the globe can digitally sign documents from anywhere.
“With more than six billion digital and electronic signature transactions processed each year through Adobe Sign and Adobe Document Cloud, we are focused on moving the signature industry forward,” Bryan Lamkin, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Digital Media, Adobe, said in a statement.
This was announced on July 1 when a new European Union signature regulation (eIDAS) which will go into effect - paving the way for global adoption of secure digital signatures.
The new standard created by the consortium will give everyone access to secure digital signature solutions across a full range of cloud applications and mobile devices. Once implemented, the standard will benefit processes where signer identification is critical, such as applying for a business license, social security benefits or signing for a large loan.
The Cloud Signature Consortium aims to build a global network of industry contributors and intends to release new standard specifications by the end of this year. Thus the first cloud-based implementations would follow shortly thereafter.
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign