Aegis buys Sallie Mae's customer service center
Essar Group’s Aegis Limited has signed an agreement with US-based education finance service provider Sallie Mae to acquire the latter’s customer service center in Killeen, Texas, and transfer 350 Sallie Mae employees to Aegis’ global delivery platform consisting of approximately 40,000 professionals located in 43 locations worldwide. This agreement is effective June 4, 2010.
"This agreement enables Aegis to expand its service offerings with highly skilled customer service professionals. Aegis will leverage Sallie Mae’s expertise in quality and performance improvement and integrate the Killeen center into our global delivery platform," said Aparup Sengupta, MD and Global CEO, Aegis.
"This is the outcome we hoped for as we faced the unenviable task of restructuring our business in response to legislative changes. We are delighted to have found a great employer like Aegis who will inherit our talented staff and provide them with growth opportunities right here at home," said Jack Hewes, senior EVP and chief lending officer, Sallie Mae.
- Rahul Tewari Joins QuiKr As CFO
- Nearly All Firms Are Unprepared For Next-gen Cyber-Attacks: Study
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- MakeMyTrip's Co-founder And President Ashish Kashyap Resigns