Aegis to Hire 12,000 New Workers
Aegis, a back office operations unit of Essar Group, will add 12,000 individuals to its global workforce, taking its global workforce to 43,000. The company has already hired nearly 3,000 people in the current year.
"We will be recruiting a thousand people every month, so this year we will add 12,000 to our workforce globally. We have already hired 3,000 people since the beginning of this fiscal," said Aparup Sengupta, MD and global CEO of Aegis.
The company will hire 1,000 people every month in India and in other operational regions, including throughout the United States, Philippines, Costa Rica, and Africa. Aegis has already hired around 3,000 individuals during the current year in India. According to him- in the next 10 years, domestic business will continue to grow to $50 billion, and international BPO business will be another $50-70 billion industry.
The Ruias-led company has earmarked a capital expenditure of $30-35 million this year, excluding cost on infrastructure," he said. Despite the global downturn, Aegis is eyeing a turnover of over $550 million and aims to grow by over 50% in 2009-10. There is still an opportunity for outsourcing, said Sengupta.
It is not yet clear how many of the proposed 12,000 will be in India.
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Tata-Backed E-Commerce Firm Moglix On An Expansion Spree
- How Big Data Analytics Is Changing The Face Of Recruitment
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- New Technologies Drive Hiring In IT Sector: Survey
- Infosys CEO Sets A 3-year Transformation Strategy