Aeris, MapmyIndia Partner To Tap India's IoT Market
Aeris, an Internet of Things (IoT) solutions provider, has formed a partnership with MapmyIndia, a digital maps company, offering global positioning system (GPS) navigation, tracking, location-based apps and geographic information system (GIS) solutions. The companies will jointly address the market by offering geo-spatial intelligence based IoT solutions in India.
“The world is moving from automatic to autonomous operations. The era of IoT is here and MapmyIndia, as always, is taking the lead. The partnership with Aeris will go a long way in making the Indian businesses globally competitive. It will act as a catalyst towards realizing the Prime Minister’s vision of Digital India,” said Rakesh Verma, managing director, MapmyIndia.
This agreement marks a major milestone for both companies. Rishi Bhatnagar, President Aeris Communications, said, “We are witnessing the evolution of the IoT ecosystem globally with businesses recognizing the need to invest in technologies and solutions based on IoT. Our tie-up with MapmyIndia is primed towards helping businesses leverage the potential of IoT to realize business benefits that are multi-dimensional, innovation driven and transformative.”
The global IoT market is expected to cross $200 billion by 2020. The IoT market in India stood at USD $5.6 billion with 200 million connected devices in 2016. This is expected to grow to USD $15 billion with 2.7 billion devices by 2020 presenting a significant opportunity for technology and service providers.
- Digital Transformation: 7 Things CIOs Must Remember
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Businesses With Digital Intuition Will Thrive: Mike Gregoire
- Persistent System’s President Mritunjay Singh Resigns
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience