Afcons implements IBM’s power systems and storage
Afcons Infrastructure (AFCONS), part of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, an Indian construction company has partnered with IBM (NYSE: IBM) for implementing its SAP engagement.
The SAP implementation is supported by business process improvement initiatives and change management at Afcons. The IBM engagement with Afcons will cover process consulting, software licensing, hardware, implementation and rollout over a period of two years. The engagement will also see the implementation of IBM’s Power Systems and Storage to build a robust IT infrastructure, informed IBM.
“IBM’s strong value proposition will enable us to meet the complex business challenges of growing our company,” commented Sandeep Desai, VP, Information & Process Management Group, Afcons.
According to IBM, the implementation will provide business process improvement by standardizing these across business units and building robust and scalable processes in the areas of project planning, execution and procurement.
“The transformation will help Afcons scale up its operations significantly and provide the required agility and nimbleness for greater customer value,” remarked Vanitha Narayanan, managing partner, global business services, IBM India/South Asia.
By adopting a ‘single version of truth’ Management Information System (MIS), Afcons will be able to streamline and integrate the project, logistics and finance functions, to provide improved visibility of information for improved decision making and control.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- Domain Extensions Can Make A Difference To Your Business
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- Digital Transformation Needs Robust IT Architecture Plan
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler