Affordable Desktop Video Conferencing From Enkay
Enkay Technologies, a global converged solutions provider, has launched a software-based high-definition (HD) video application for the Indian market.
The software-based ‘Vcon’ solution offers HD personal video conferencing direct from a desktop and laptop. Users can take part in a video conference in office, at home or while on the move. The solution is available at affordable price points, the company said.
Dayal Hemrajani, chairman and MD, Enkay Technologies, said, "Companies seek an affordable, multi-purpose solution that allows interact on a more personal level with people beyong their network, share PC desktop materials. The Vcon solution is addresses their requirements within IT budgets."
The solution is designed to offer flexibility, ease of use, and efficient management of human capital.
The ‘Vcon’ solution offers:
- Session recording
- Playback and streaming support
- Capability to work on the high speed data cards
- Data sharing through pen drive
- Lower operating cost (as a result of lesser AMC’s, bandwidth expense, etc.)
- Bandwidth optimisation (rich media at low bandwidth)
- Session archival for future reference
- License-based VCon system
- Asset management (PC’s owned by individuals)
- Multiparty capability in conjunction with embedded codecs
- Transcoding with other codecs
- Sends and receives data in resolutions up to XGA,720p transmit and 1080p full HD incoming
- Compatible with ISDN, ADSL, Broadband MPLS/VPN, IP Networks and Windows Vista SP1
According to Enkay Tech, the Vcon solution can function on a connection as low as 128 kbps and supports an interactive multicast facility on a multicast supporting network as well. It also supports multiple window layouts, supports PTZ camera for executive systems, 25 continuous presence and various layout options, Microsoft Outlook and LDAP integration.
- MNP To Be Rolled Out Nationally By March 2015
- HCLTech Profit Up 54% Driven By European Deals
- Mozilla Sees High Growth Potential In India
- MAIT Launches E-Portal For SMEs
- Hexaware Appoints HCL's R Srikrishna As CEO
- Huawei's Indian R&D Center Moves To Cloud Platform
- Network Performance Shapes Smartphone Behavior
- New-Age CIOs Exude Greater Optimism
- Avaya Bets Big On The Indian Market
- Nasscom To Facilitate Start-Ups In West Bengal