Affordable Desktop Video Conferencing From Enkay
Enkay Technologies, a global converged solutions provider, has launched a software-based high-definition (HD) video application for the Indian market.
The software-based ‘Vcon’ solution offers HD personal video conferencing direct from a desktop and laptop. Users can take part in a video conference in office, at home or while on the move. The solution is available at affordable price points, the company said.
Dayal Hemrajani, chairman and MD, Enkay Technologies, said, "Companies seek an affordable, multi-purpose solution that allows interact on a more personal level with people beyong their network, share PC desktop materials. The Vcon solution is addresses their requirements within IT budgets."
The solution is designed to offer flexibility, ease of use, and efficient management of human capital.
The ‘Vcon’ solution offers:
- Session recording
- Playback and streaming support
- Capability to work on the high speed data cards
- Data sharing through pen drive
- Lower operating cost (as a result of lesser AMC’s, bandwidth expense, etc.)
- Bandwidth optimisation (rich media at low bandwidth)
- Session archival for future reference
- License-based VCon system
- Asset management (PC’s owned by individuals)
- Multiparty capability in conjunction with embedded codecs
- Transcoding with other codecs
- Sends and receives data in resolutions up to XGA,720p transmit and 1080p full HD incoming
- Compatible with ISDN, ADSL, Broadband MPLS/VPN, IP Networks and Windows Vista SP1
According to Enkay Tech, the Vcon solution can function on a connection as low as 128 kbps and supports an interactive multicast facility on a multicast supporting network as well. It also supports multiple window layouts, supports PTZ camera for executive systems, 25 continuous presence and various layout options, Microsoft Outlook and LDAP integration.
- India Is Top Source Of DDoS Attacks Traffic In 2014
- De Beers Signs IT Infrastructure Deal With HCL
- Are We Ready For A 4G Revolution Yet?
- Automation, AI Can Make Software Cheaper
- Ways To Ensure Success Of Enterprise App Store
- Public Cloud Market To Reach $638 Mn In India
- Indian CIOs Cozying To DevOps For Growth, Innovation
- Mobile, IoT Drive Semicon Growth Globally
- NIIT Names Rahul Patwardhan As First Non-Founder CEO
- IT Trends In 2020: Risks And opportunities