AIM Software Market To Cross USD 27 Bn This Year
The global application integration and middleware software market seems to grow faster than the overall infrastructure software market, with revenue on pace to surpass $27 billion in 2017, an increase of 7 per cent from 2016, according to Gartner.
While application integration and middleware software makes up a small proportion of overall infrastructure software revenue, and will continue to do so, it is set to increase from $25.5 billion in 2016 to $33.6 billion in 2020, the analyst firm said.
Much of the expected growth to appear in the application integration and middleware software market this year is likely to come down to market movements at the smaller end of town, rather than from large enterprises.
The application integration and middleware software market is split into mature and emerging segments, Gartner said. The mature segments are large in size, and most of the market is consolidated in the hands of a few established players.
Growth among this part of the market can be relatively slow, according to Gartner, due to a high proportion of revenue being generated from maintenance fees rather than new business. However, the emerging segments, which include mobile app development platforms, in-memory data grids and platform-as-a-service, are smaller in size, but have experienced double-digit growth rates.
This growth comes as the smaller players expand in line with the growth of digital business and the market demand for increased agility and scalability. The segment shows a high level of fragmentation as new vendors battle it out for market share before market consolidation takes hold.
“The emerging segments are bolstering the above-average revenue growth within the AIM [application integration and middleware] software market,” said Gartner research vice president, Fabrizio Biscotti.
“Organizations seeking competitive advantage through digital business need new approaches to application infrastructure and integration, a trend shown clearly in the fast-growing emerging segments,” he said.
- Integrated IT Systems To See Large-Scale Adoption In India: Gartner
- Managed Security, The Answer To Growing Cyber Threats
- Cloud Telephony To Help SMEs Scale New Heights
- What's Stopping CIOs From Embracing DevOps?
- How HRMS Can Streamline Appraisal Process
- Tagove Boosts Collaboration With Live Video Chat
- Why Hybrid Cloud Is Best Suited For Indian Enterprises
- CIOs Can Learn From AWS Outage And Move On
- Targeted Attacks On Critical Infrastructure On The Rise
- Automate, Accelerate And Orchestrate The Threat Defense