Aircel and RIM Launch BlackBerry Services In India
Telecom service provider Aircel along with Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the launch of BlackBerry services for Aircel customers in India. Aircel will offer a range of BlackBerry smartphones and services for enterprise and individual customers on its network.
Aircel plans to offer BlackBerry services across major cities in India including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and the rest of Tamil Nadu state.
Subscribers of Aircel will be able to choose from a range of BlackBerry smartphones and features like access to email, phone, text and picture messaging, social networking and web browsing applications, as well as a wide variety of other mobile business and leisure applications.
Aircel customers will be able to select from a range of BlackBerry smartphones including the BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Curve 8900, BlackBerry Curve 8310 and BlackBerry Pearl 8110.
Aircel will offer BlackBerry Enterprise Server to corporate customers that manage their own email servers. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server software integrates with IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise and claims to provide advanced security and IT policy controls to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.
Aircel will also offer BlackBerry Internet Service, which is designed for smaller businesses and individuals. It allows customers to access up to 10 supported corporate and personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts) from a BlackBerry smartphone.
- Online-Offline Channel Mix Leads To India's Smartphone Growth: IDC
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- India's Smartphone Market To See Double-Digit Growth In 2018: IDC
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India
- Tim Cook Wants A Bigger Slice Of Apple Pie From India
- The Perils Of Ignoring Mobile App Security
- Xiaomi Continues To Rule India's Smartphone Market
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market