Aircel and RIM Launch BlackBerry Services In India
Telecom service provider Aircel along with Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the launch of BlackBerry services for Aircel customers in India. Aircel will offer a range of BlackBerry smartphones and services for enterprise and individual customers on its network.
Aircel plans to offer BlackBerry services across major cities in India including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and the rest of Tamil Nadu state.
Subscribers of Aircel will be able to choose from a range of BlackBerry smartphones and features like access to email, phone, text and picture messaging, social networking and web browsing applications, as well as a wide variety of other mobile business and leisure applications.
Aircel customers will be able to select from a range of BlackBerry smartphones including the BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Curve 8900, BlackBerry Curve 8310 and BlackBerry Pearl 8110.
Aircel will offer BlackBerry Enterprise Server to corporate customers that manage their own email servers. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server software integrates with IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise and claims to provide advanced security and IT policy controls to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.
Aircel will also offer BlackBerry Internet Service, which is designed for smaller businesses and individuals. It allows customers to access up to 10 supported corporate and personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts) from a BlackBerry smartphone.
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- How Digital Is Transforming Child Healthcare
- Mobility Is The Future Of Banking
- Indian Smartphone Market Sees A Silver Lining
- India Govt Puts Chinese Handsets Under Scanner: Report
- Ashok Leyland Introduces Digital Market Place
- Dr Smartphone In The Era Of Remote Consultation