Aircel Enhances Its Mobile Experience
In a move to enhance its network and services, Tamil Nadu based mobile operator Aircel Cellular has implemented Short Codes and Smart Call Assistant services from Roamware, a leader in roaming solutions.
The service, touted as being the first of its kind in India, will offer better connectivity and mobile experience to roaming customers using the Aircel network.
Short Codes lets inbound roaming subscribers access their local services such as voicemail, directory service and customer care besides convenience services such as taxi, hotels etc while Smart Call Assistant lets them use their phonebook as they would at home - automatically adding missing international access codes.
K V P Baskar, CEO of Aircel Cellular said, “We have chosen a suite of solutions from Roamware that will support our continued growth, by offering the best and most flexible seamless service enhancements. The technology will provide enhanced convenience for visiting roaming customers using the Aircel networks in the region.”
“The adoption of these services demonstrates Aircel’s customer focus and commitment towards visiting roaming customers and the significance of the revenue opportunity for carriers in the region from the roaming business,” said Bobby Srinivasan, CEO, Roamware.
- After Nokia, Microsoft Eyes BB, Another 'Dying Hero'
- Stay Alert! How To Fight Typosquatting In Healthcare
- All’s Not Rosy In The Email Marketing Garden
- Application Economy: The Next Wave In Enterprise Business
- Bots Outnumber Humans Online And For Good
- NASSCOM Creates Framework For Smart Cities Project
- Connected Cars Could Face 'Data' Traffic Jam
- Swedish Cos Eye India's Smart Cities Projects
- Dassault Chalks Out Its Digital Roadmap For India By 2020
- 11 Analytics Trends For The Digital Enterprise