Aircel Gets New Customer Support Center
Sparsh BPO Services, the domestic BPO subsidiary of Intelenet Global has launched a new delivery center in Puducherry to provide customer support services for cellular operator Aircel’s operations in Tamil Nadu and Chennai circles.
The delivery centre in Puducherry will service Aircel’s base of prepaid and postpaid cellular subscribers in the Tamil Nadu circle.
Located at Kurumbapet in Puducherry, the facility is designed in the French colonial style with a capacity of more than 700 seats. With an initial headcount of 1600, the centre will be the largest BPO employer in the union territory. The centre is scalable to accommodate 2200 employees.
For Aircel’s customers in the Chennai circle, Sparsh provides services out of its Chennai centre employing over 500 employees. Both centers will provide customer service in English and Tamil languages.
Gurdeep Singh, chief operating officer, Aircel, said, “As we expand our business in south India, we needed a partner with core strengths in the domestic telecom industry, and Sparsh as the leading domestic BPO player was the obvious choice. The scalability and service quality offered by this partnership will help Aircel drive its agenda to becoming a full-fledged national operator by 2009.”
Susir Kumar, chief executive officer, Intelenet Global Services said, “We are delighted to partner with Aircel, one of the frontrunners in the telecom industry in India. Puducherry is an emerging outsourcing destination for the IT-BPO sector, and we chose the union territory for its excellent infrastructure and competent talent pool.”
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- IBM, Salesforce Strengthen AI Partnership
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Shifting From Instinct To Insight Powered Marketing
- Testing Times For Data Center Of The Future
- Why AI Can Be A Boon To Real Estate
- Trends That Will Shape India's E-Commerce In 2018
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer