Aircel introduces Facebook voice updates service
Aircel, a telecom player with pan-India, introduces Facebook Voice Updates. This new feature is meant to let people connect to their family and friends on Facebook in their own voice, even without Internet access on their mobile phones.
“Convergence is the way forward as it opens a world of possibilities. Facebook Voice Updates on Aircel is a step in that direction which helps both the business community and the youth to connect efficiently, be it a celebration or an emergency,” commented Gurdeep Singh, COO, Aircel.
The company informed that, users can dial a short code to record their voice message, and post it as their status update on Facebook. Friends will then receive an SMS alert about their new status update, to which they can reply with their own voice updates on Aircel.
“Today, over 15 million people are actively using Facebook in India, where mobile devices are an important tool for Indians to stay connected to the people and things most important to them. This collaboration with Aircel will offer an opportunity for our Indian users to easily connect and share with their friends on Facebook anytime, anywhere,” remarked Henri Moissinac, head of mobile business, Facebook.
- Why Most Connected Car Owners Won't Buy Self-Driving Car
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)
- Why Are Telcos Disappointed With Budget 2018
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- CES 2018: What's In Store For The Enterprise?
- Zuckerberg Pledges Renewed Zeal In Facebook’s Biz Model