Aircel partners NEC to power its cloud initiatives
Mobile network operator Aircel has recently launched its enterprise cloud offerings in India. For this purpose, Aircel has collaborated with NEC India to power its cloud initiatives by the name “Business Unplugged”.
NEC will manage the complete technology infrastructure for Aircel, and will provide Level 2 support for the Cloud offerings and Cloud Aggregation Platform, and manage all Cloud Service Provider relationships while Aircel will be responsible for all customer relationships.
Aircel and NEC will start with a software applications portfolio and then extend to other Cloud offerings subsequently. The focus is on enterprise grade offerings, such as collaboration, CRM, ERP, HRMS, business suite and video conferencing, among others. The software services can be adapted to suit a wide variety of business roles, including sales and support, billing, delivery as well as internal workgroups providing increased efficiencies and greater workforce productivity. NEC has developed a carrier grade cloud aggregation platform through its engagements with multiple service providers across the globe.
“The new initiative will help businesses grow by providing flexibility to scale-up quickly and seamlessly according to the changing business environment and demands,” said Ravinder Jain, Chief Business Officer - Enterprise, Aircel Limited.
He added that the partnership with NEC will further strengthen our objective to bring together the best-in-class business application and productivity solutions to cater to large and medium enterprises, SMEs, SOHOs and PSUs across industry vertical.
According to Angira Agrawal, Associate Vice President, Cloud business, NEC India said, “The cloud Aggregation Platform has been deployed at over 25 service providers across 14 countries and will be expanded in the coming months.” He believes that the partnership with Aircel is strategic as it will give an edge to both the companies and also change the way companies view and adopt cloud services in general.
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]