Aircel to Deploy Convergent Mediation Solution
Aircel will use Intec’s Total Service Mediation platform to gather, process, validate and distribute usage data from its network in real-time. The convergent, high volume post-event and active mediation process management capabilities of the solution will support the market-critical expansion of its next generation services.
“We consider Intec a vital technology partner to support our expansion and business transformation strategy,” said Ravinder Jain, CIO of Aircel.
Using the service platform, Aircel wants to implement its own business rules for mediation processing, enabling the company to rapidly launch new products and services that are essential to capture a wider share of the market and support its medium to longer-term growth objectives.
The integration will be done by Wipro.
Aircel Outsources RA, FM
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game