Aircel to Launch GSM Service in Delhi
Aircel, a joint venture between Malaysia’s Maxis Communications and Apollo Hospital Enterprise, is all set to launch its GSM services in Delhi on March 18. In the next phase, the company plans to introduce the service in Mumbai as well as eastern and western parts of Uttar Pradesh, and has already started its marketing campaigns.
With a focus to double its consumer base with the addition of new telecom circles, Aircel intends to cover the satellite cities, including Noida and Gurgaon at a later stage, said a company official, who declined to reveal more. The company has already been operational in 13 circles, with a consumer base of nearly 18 million subscribers
Aircel has launched its pre- and post-paid cellular services in 13 circles, including Himachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and West Bengal. With the allocation of additional spectrum by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), the company is aggressively working on expansion. It has already allocated $1billion for the investment in current year.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit