Airport Authority of India deploys SAP ERP
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) recently completed the implementation of SAP ERP. The organization had chosen KPIT Cummins Infosystems as its implementation partner in June 2012 as it decided to implement ERP in HR, finance, material management and project system functions to improve productivity, efficiency and transparency under the project named “Parivartan.”
The SAP ERP was rolled out in 125 airports across India and the system will handle payroll accounting for nearly 19000 employees of AAI at various airports across the country. The system will also be integrated with the legacy systems such as Electronic Tendering and Procurement System (ETAPS) and Airport Information Management System (AIMS) to name a few.
“This new enterprise software implementation will not only improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness but will also bring high level of transparency in the vital HR and finance functions within the organization. The ERP implementation will enable standardization of processes across all the AAI operations in India and will become an accurate and single source of information,” said V.P. Agrawal, Chairman, AAI.
With this implementation, AAI can claim to become process driven and substantially paperless, added Agarwal. Apart from automating functions, the system will provide MIS dashboards for senior management through this deployment.
Pawan Sharma, President, KPIT Cummins Infosystems mentioned that while helping AAI through the implementation process, the company brought in all main and branch offices under an integrated single system instance software solution and integrated it with various pre-existing legacy applications.
- Intel's New Initiatives To Support Digital India
- E-Commerce Hiring Will Be Huge In 2016. Here's Why
- Nokia To Start Trials Of 5G Networks In India Soon
- India’s Tablet Biz Remains Flat, Detachables Shows Growth
- Bridging The Security Gap In Data Centers
- India To Build A New Super Computer By 2017
- Coolpad Announces To Set Up R&D Facility In Bengaluru
- Cook, Modi Meet To Discuss India Manufacturing Plans
- 4G Infrastructure Crucial For Higher Internet Speed: Report
- Chinese Smartphone Vendors Invading India's Smaller Cities