Airport Authority of India deploys SAP ERP
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) recently completed the implementation of SAP ERP. The organization had chosen KPIT Cummins Infosystems as its implementation partner in June 2012 as it decided to implement ERP in HR, finance, material management and project system functions to improve productivity, efficiency and transparency under the project named “Parivartan.”
The SAP ERP was rolled out in 125 airports across India and the system will handle payroll accounting for nearly 19000 employees of AAI at various airports across the country. The system will also be integrated with the legacy systems such as Electronic Tendering and Procurement System (ETAPS) and Airport Information Management System (AIMS) to name a few.
“This new enterprise software implementation will not only improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness but will also bring high level of transparency in the vital HR and finance functions within the organization. The ERP implementation will enable standardization of processes across all the AAI operations in India and will become an accurate and single source of information,” said V.P. Agrawal, Chairman, AAI.
With this implementation, AAI can claim to become process driven and substantially paperless, added Agarwal. Apart from automating functions, the system will provide MIS dashboards for senior management through this deployment.
Pawan Sharma, President, KPIT Cummins Infosystems mentioned that while helping AAI through the implementation process, the company brought in all main and branch offices under an integrated single system instance software solution and integrated it with various pre-existing legacy applications.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study