Airport Authority of India deploys SAP ERP
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) recently completed the implementation of SAP ERP. The organization had chosen KPIT Cummins Infosystems as its implementation partner in June 2012 as it decided to implement ERP in HR, finance, material management and project system functions to improve productivity, efficiency and transparency under the project named “Parivartan.”
The SAP ERP was rolled out in 125 airports across India and the system will handle payroll accounting for nearly 19000 employees of AAI at various airports across the country. The system will also be integrated with the legacy systems such as Electronic Tendering and Procurement System (ETAPS) and Airport Information Management System (AIMS) to name a few.
“This new enterprise software implementation will not only improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness but will also bring high level of transparency in the vital HR and finance functions within the organization. The ERP implementation will enable standardization of processes across all the AAI operations in India and will become an accurate and single source of information,” said V.P. Agrawal, Chairman, AAI.
With this implementation, AAI can claim to become process driven and substantially paperless, added Agarwal. Apart from automating functions, the system will provide MIS dashboards for senior management through this deployment.
Pawan Sharma, President, KPIT Cummins Infosystems mentioned that while helping AAI through the implementation process, the company brought in all main and branch offices under an integrated single system instance software solution and integrated it with various pre-existing legacy applications.
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 5-9)
- Epicor To Expands Its Workforce In India By 25 pc
- Open Source Turns 20: Digital India Sets To Gain
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?