Airtel Appoints Sunil Taldar As CEO Of DTH Biz
Telecom operator Bharti Airtel today announced the appointment of Sunil Taldar as CEO and director of its DTH business. Taldar will be taking over from Shashi Arora, who has moved as MD and CEO of Airtel Payments Bank, after working as CEO of DTH for approximately five years.
Taldar, who will be a member of the Airtel Management Board, will report to Airtel India CEO Gopal Vittal. He will be responsible for driving growth and innovation for Airtel Digital TV, which is a key growth driver within the company’s B2C portfolio.
Airtel Digital TV had over 12.4 million customers at the end of the quarter ended September 2016 and the business recorded a revenue growth of 21 percent and customer growth of 17 percent during the same period.
Commenting on the appointment, Gopal Vittal said, “We are pleased to have Sunil as part of our leadership team and hope that his rich experience across consumer facing categories will add value to our DTH portfolio. I wish Sunil all the best for his new role and look forward to working with him. I would also thank Shashi for his valuable contribution to Airtel Digital TV.”
Taldar has more than 28 years experience in the FMCG industry with Mondelez (erstwhile Cadbury), where he held senior leadership positions across multiple geographies, including India, China, and Singapore across Sales, Marketing, Media and General Management.
In his last role, Taldar was country head – Indonesia for Mondelez, where he played a critical role in turning around the business. Prior to this, Sunil Taldar was India sales director for Cadbury where he transformed the company’s go to market capabilities and delivered solid growth.
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Are RJio Competitors Barking Up The Wrong Tree?