Airtel Hires Santanu Bhattacharya As Chief Data Scientist
India’s largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel has appointed Dr. Santanu Bhattacharya as its chief data scientist. In this role, Bhattacharya will be responsible for leveraging data science capabilities and deep analytics to understand the unique needs of customers and develop new products and services at Airtel.
He will reportedly oversee Airtel’s upcoming digital innovation lab in Bengaluru that will focus on emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality as part of its broader strategy to develop strong in-house technology capabilities. He will be based out of Bengaluru and report to Harmeen Mehta, Global CIO & Head of Digital at Bharti Airtel.
Before joining Bharti Airtel, Bhattacharya worked with e-commerce logistics company Delhivery for two years as the data sciences head. Having around 18 years of experience, he had led Facebook’s mobile products in emerging markets like India, Brazil, and Indonesia for a year and also had a stint in AOL.
Bhattacharya, who has a Ph.D. from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Centre, is an MIT Sloan and MIT Media Lab alum and BTech from IIT (Bombay). In 2009, he co-founded a social media analytics company called Salorix.
“We are pleased to have Santanu onboard with us as we transform Airtel into a truly digital organization and start using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to solve real business problems,” said Mehta.
- Big Data: The Driving Force for Logistics Automation
- 3 Things To Know Before You Land A Tech Job
- What’s Driving India’s B2B E-Commerce Market?
- Tech Mahindra, H2O To Drive AI-ML Solutions To The Enterprise
- 8 Trends That Will Reshape the FinTech Landscape in 2019
- Three Ways IoT Is Disrupting The Modern Enterprises
- Enterprises At Risk: Could Poor Network Visibility Be To Blame?
- Smartphone Users In India To Double by 2022: Cisco
- Data literacy Leads To Greater Confidence, Productivity
- 5 Game Changing Technologies In E-Commerce