Airtel To Deploy e-KYC Solution In 500K Retail Outlets
Bharti Airtel said it has successfully rolled out over 20, 000 units of Aadhaar based e-KYC solutions across India and plans to have the facility deployed in over 500,000 retail outlets, including India’s rural pockets, in the coming months.
On a daily basis, over 50,000 subscribers, including those in rural India, are activating their Airtel mobile SIMs using Aadhaar-based digital verification or Aadhaar eKYC, the company said in a statement.
The initiative has received positive response from customers as it enables instant activation of Airtel mobile SIMs, thereby enhancing customer convenience and in-store experience. The digital verification, which is fully secure, also eliminates paperwork and benefits the environment.
The Sunil-Mittal led company expects the number of customers getting digitally on-boarded using Aadhaar based e-KYC to grow multifold as it ramps up the rollout of devices. In the first phase of deployment, Airtel has plans to have the solution in over 500,000 retail outlets, including those in rural pockets, over the next few months.
“Aadhaar based e-KYC has significantly enhanced the customer experience by enabling faster and paperless onboarding process and we have received very positive response from the customers and channel partners. We plan to deploy this solution in majority of our general trade stores, including those in rural pockets. We believe, this initiative is a great case study for Government’s Digital India vision,” said Ajai Puri, Director – Operations (India & South Asia), Bharti Airtel in a press statement.
Under the Aadhaar based instant verification process, customers purchasing a new Airtel prepaid/postpaid mobile connection need to submit/verify their Biometrics (iris scan / fingerprints) at the Point of Sale. The details will be instantly matched with the UIDAI database and following the validation, the connection will be activated instantly in the name of the customer. The process is fully secure and the retailer/representative at the point of sale will also be registered under Aadhaar.
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Most Organizations Not Doing 'People Strategies' Right
- Robotics Jobs Are Seeing A Whopping Rise In India