Airtel Offers MS Office On Mobile
Indian telecom services provider Bharti Airtel has announced that it is tying up with software giant Microsoft to devise a technology platform, which will allow Airtel subscribers to access a range of Microsoft Office applications on their mobile handsets.
The platform will also enable users to access several other multimedia applications such as camera, video recording, MP3 etc besides the regular MS Office applications on their cell phones.
This new initiative by Airtel is targeted at the huge number of enterprise mobile phone users in the country. Estimates suggest that there are about four million small and medium enterprises that could be potential users for the functionality.
With handsets running on Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system, Airtel enterprise users will be able to access all the MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer) functionalities on the go. This will enable faster decision-making and improve employee productivity said Airtel.
The MS Windows Mobile 5.0 will be available to customers on the HP I-Paq and I-Mate handsets.
In light of decreasing ARPU (Average Revenue Per User), telecom operators worldwide are increasingly coming up with value added services and other means to lure customers to increase their profits. Given the extremely competitive nature of the Indian telecom space, local telecom operators are also resorting to similar tactics and this latest initiative by Airtel is one such example.
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- Mobile Operators To Cope With HD, Encryption Issues: Study
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend