Airtel Offers MS Office On Mobile
Indian telecom services provider Bharti Airtel has announced that it is tying up with software giant Microsoft to devise a technology platform, which will allow Airtel subscribers to access a range of Microsoft Office applications on their mobile handsets.
The platform will also enable users to access several other multimedia applications such as camera, video recording, MP3 etc besides the regular MS Office applications on their cell phones.
This new initiative by Airtel is targeted at the huge number of enterprise mobile phone users in the country. Estimates suggest that there are about four million small and medium enterprises that could be potential users for the functionality.
With handsets running on Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system, Airtel enterprise users will be able to access all the MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer) functionalities on the go. This will enable faster decision-making and improve employee productivity said Airtel.
The MS Windows Mobile 5.0 will be available to customers on the HP I-Paq and I-Mate handsets.
In light of decreasing ARPU (Average Revenue Per User), telecom operators worldwide are increasingly coming up with value added services and other means to lure customers to increase their profits. Given the extremely competitive nature of the Indian telecom space, local telecom operators are also resorting to similar tactics and this latest initiative by Airtel is one such example.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space