Ajai Chowdhry, founder HCL, conferred Doctorate by IIT Roorkee
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, awarded the Honoris Causa Doctorate of Science (D. Sc.) to Ajai Chowdhry, founder, HCL and chairman, HCL Infosystems for his contribution to the Indian IT industry and the development of an unmatched ecosystem for IT products, computer hardware and software domain in the country, informed the institute.
The award was presented to Chowdhry on the 10th annual convocation ceremony of IIT Roorkee by Ashok Bhatnagar, chairman, Board of Governors, IIT Roorkee in the presence of Professor S C Saxena, Director, IIT Roorkee amidst distinguished science and technology luminaries.
Receiving the award, Chowdhry said, “The IITs provide a unique academic environment that fosters great thinking and creativity. They have done us proud by producing quality engineers and entrepreneurs for years and providing the right platform to showcase Indian talent and technology prowess across the globe.”
The conferral of this degree on Ajai Chowdhry was finalized by the President of India, Senate, Board of Governors.
Chowdhry has been consistently contributing in building the brand ‘India’ on the ICT world landscape and also pioneering the cause of developing the Indian IT industry.
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- Ashok Leyland Introduces Digital Market Place
- Enterprise, Cloud Focus Driving Veeam India's Revenue Base
- Data Backup Is Not Enough, Its Important To Be Available
- Internet of Things, Mango Pickles And You!
- Xerox Names Its New Spinoff Company Conduent
- iGate's Ashok Vemuri Joins Capgemini Board
- Capgemini-iGATE Merger A Win-Win Deal?
- Strategies On The Road To DevOps
- IoT Panel To Focus On Strengthening India's Capabilities