Akamai Scaling Up India Presence
Akamai, a provider of managed services for powering rich media, transactions, and enterprise applications online is scaling its India presence.
Akamai helps companies deliver applications online via its Web application acceleration service which makes it possible for enterprises to delivery applications faster and securely.
Bruno Goveas, head (marketing and product management) of Akamai, India said the company is approaching the India market with a two pronged strategy — the market side and the talent side.
Stating that India is one of the fastest growing markets in the media and entertainment vertical, it has set up a direct sales force. Further investments are being made towards marketing, public relations and targeted vertical approach. The sales and marketing team has grown to more than 12 in the last two years.
Akamai has signed on clients such as Network 18, Rediff.com, Times of India, Malayalam Manorama, Travel Guru in these years. It has recently signed a deal with Zabak.com, a stock exchange and a gaming company, Goveas will not disclose because of the non disclosure agreement. He said that the focus will now increase toward the financial services and manufacturing verticals.
Parimal Pandya, director (application acceleration) for Akamai India said that as more enterprise applications become webified’, and as the need to centralize infrastructure increases, enterprises will increasingly scout opportunities to set up their IT architecture on hosted or managed servers.
Speaking about the strategic relationship with Citrix for the latter’s Netscaler offerings, Pandya said, “Netscaler is a player in the data center space, and we play in the web application products. A lot of customers were asking for similar capabilities from us, where they do not have to go looking for other vendors for hardware applications.”
UBI Outsources Managed Services Network
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Artificial Intelligence In Cybersecurity: A Paradigm Shift
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services