Alcatel-Lucent launches second edition of The Shift
Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE: ALU) today announced the second edition of The Shift: the evolving market, players and business models in a 2.0 World, which examines the developing ecosystem of service providers, developers and advertisers and addresses how business models can adapt to the pace of technology.
“In the second edition of The Shift we expanded our market analysis to Brazil and Mexico, the two powerhouses in Latin America, to understand how additional value is inserted into the ecosystem when service providers expose intelligent network capabilities,” remarked Allison Cerra, head of marketing for Alcatel-Lucent Americas and one of the book’s authors.
The second edition incorporates new market research from Brazil and Mexico, and highlights how thousands of Latin American application developers are ready to help lead this technology transformation through new business models created with service providers to deliver rich new services aimed at consumers and small businesses with a commensurate willingness to pay.
“Our data confirmed that end users, developers, advertisers and service providers can all benefit from an approach where consumers have control of their experience, developers have access to enhanced capabilities, and service providers monetize their investments to fuel future innovation,” said Cerra.
Based on the book’s primary and secondary market research, the company informed that, with a combined 280 million mobile users, Brazil and Mexico are two rising stars in the global emerging markets landscape. Consumers in these countries have a healthy appetite for services incorporating network-based functionality, like presence, location, profiling and Quality of Service (QoS), making them prime development hubs for enhanced end users services – especially in entertainment and security.
With hundreds of thousands joining the developer ranks worldwide each year, there is a rapidly growing population of apps builders ready and willing to leverage the service provider network as a platform for building and delivering exciting new voice, data, multimedia and video services it suggested.
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec