Alfresco partners WeWebU to strengthen content management capabilities
Content management and collaboration firm, Alfresco, today announced that it has acquired WeWebU Software AG, a leading provider of content-centric business applications based in Germany. According to the company, WeWebU will enable hybrid cloud and mobile content management capabilities resting on the Alfresco platform.
“Alfresco’s acquisition of WeWebU represents a key milestone in our efforts toward delivering critical content-centric applications to enterprises worldwide,” said Doug Dennerline, CEO of Alfresco. According to him, the two companies already have existing joint customers and common partners that will help them in delivering seamless content solutions that work inside the enterprise, the cloud and across mobile devices.
The acquisition will further enable customers to streamline content-centric business processes such as contract, deal and e-file management as well as managing employee files and financial document processing.
WeWebU provides applications that allow organizations such as Swiss Accident Insurance (SUVA), Mannheimer Insurance and the public sector units. According to a Forrester report, ECM vendors will need to abandon their technology-first direction and concentrate on developing repeatable solutions that solve real business problems. These solutions focus on automating the business process and providing content management capabilities that streamline the content capture to content action timeline.
“Organizations around the world have managed to move away from paper and streamline their business processes with WeWebU,” said Stefan Waldhauser, CEO of WeWebU, adding that the company is excited to join Alfresco that will help them combine the expertise to create and help deliver the future of business-critical content management and collaboration.
- Digital Transformation A Myth Without Good Software Usability
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year