Alibaba And Softbank Join Hands To Offer Cloud Services
Alibaba Group Holding, the company providing mobile commerce operations and Softbank Corporation has collaborated to form SB Cloud Corporation (SB Cloud) for providing cloud computing services in Japan.
The cloud based services from the new joint venture will leverage technologies of Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing division of Alibaba Group. SB cloud will set up a new data center in Japan and will offer public cloud computing services from of Alibaba Cloud to a host of businesses, including SMBs to large corporations.
Alibaba Cloud will also benefit from the extensive consumer base of Softbank in Japan including a number of corporate giants. The demand for public cloud services is on the rise in the country and the new venture, SB will play a pivotal role in expanding the penetration of Alibaba Cloud’s offerings in Japan.
”I believe the JV team can develop the most advanced cloud platform for Japanese customers, as well as for multinational customers who want to use the resources we have available in Japan,” said Eric Gan, Representative Director, CEO of SB Cloud and Executive Vice President of SoftBank.
SB Cloud’s portfolio of cloud services will also include data storage, enterprise level middle ware, processing services and cloud security services.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation