Alibaba And Softbank Join Hands To Offer Cloud Services
Alibaba Group Holding, the company providing mobile commerce operations and Softbank Corporation has collaborated to form SB Cloud Corporation (SB Cloud) for providing cloud computing services in Japan.
The cloud based services from the new joint venture will leverage technologies of Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing division of Alibaba Group. SB cloud will set up a new data center in Japan and will offer public cloud computing services from of Alibaba Cloud to a host of businesses, including SMBs to large corporations.
Alibaba Cloud will also benefit from the extensive consumer base of Softbank in Japan including a number of corporate giants. The demand for public cloud services is on the rise in the country and the new venture, SB will play a pivotal role in expanding the penetration of Alibaba Cloud’s offerings in Japan.
”I believe the JV team can develop the most advanced cloud platform for Japanese customers, as well as for multinational customers who want to use the resources we have available in Japan,” said Eric Gan, Representative Director, CEO of SB Cloud and Executive Vice President of SoftBank.
SB Cloud’s portfolio of cloud services will also include data storage, enterprise level middle ware, processing services and cloud security services.
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Ex-SoftBank Executive Nikesh Arora Joins Palo Alto As CEO
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively