Alstom, Infosys develop next gen power solutions
Alstom and Infosys have announced the expansion of their strategic partnership in areas of global research and development (R&D), engineering and engineering IT services. This partnership envisages substantial strategic investments over the next five years to develop next generation solutions for the power sector.
Infosys will provide support to Alstom Power’s global business units in core business areas including product development, simulation, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and engineering IT. Infosys will also support Alstom in building knowledge management processes for its design and engineering teams. This collaborative operating model will enable Alstom to benefit from faster time-to-market for new products, customization and adaptation of existing products for emerging markets, while also sustaining its current offerings.
"We see this long-term technological partnership with Infosys, a leader in Information System Technology, as one of the key drivers to developing the next generation of Alstom’s power solutions," said Philippe Joubert, president, Alstom Power. "Given our experience with Infosys and our confidence in their strong competencies, they are a natural partner of choice. This endeavor also underlines our commitment to invest in Asia, particularly in India."
This engagement builds upon the existing relationship between Alstom and Infosys, which began in 2005 with the establishment of the Alstom R&D Center at the Infosys campus in Mysore and now extends to all of Alstom Power’s business units. Most recently, an additional Alstom R&D center has been established at the Infosys campus in Pune.
"As Alstom Power strengthens its focus on emerging markets, we have been able to combine our deep understanding of their business and engineering processes with our extensive knowledge of these markets to function as an innovation hub for Alstom," said BG Srinivas, member of Infosys’ executive council.
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- How E-Tailers Can Gain From Online Flash Sales
- What Makes Evry So Bullish On India Market
- Coupon Aggregator Zoutons Launches Chrome Extension