Amadeus to Develop Technologies for Aviation
Amadeus, one of the software and e-commerce solutions providers in the aviation sector, is all set to develop localized technologies for commercial and civil airlines in Asia with a focus on markets in India and China.
Despite an economic downturn and terrorist attacks in Mumbai, the company is upbeat about the growth. "As the travel industry is growing, we are focusing to develop new technologies to address new challenges," said David Brett, president, Amadeus of the Asia Pacific. The company is aggressively looking at the demand for integrated IT systems, mobile travel information, online bookings, e-tickets, and airline consolidation and alliance, besides cost-cutting measures.
The role of IT is seamless, and therefore the demand for efficient IT-enabled systems has surfaced. "We have already launched Amadeus SMS for the updating of travel plans and schedules," said Brett. The company is setting up a development center at Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park in Chandigarh, and it will be operational in a couple of months. Amadeus has emerged as a market leader in India with GDS market share of 51 per cent as of Dec, 2008, followed by Galileo and Abascus at 35 and 13 per cent respectively. Amadeus has a largest market in Asia Pacific, and India has a demanding market as compared to Europe in terms of consumer response, said he. India has generated nearly 53 per cent business through online travel agent bookings in Asia Pacific in 2008. The country will remain the largest online market with the highest growth potential due to high demand for low cost travel and emerging middle class.
Brett said that the company will invest in new technologies and infrastructure. The industry should implement new technologies for efficiency and interoperability. "We are optimistic about travel market in India, although we have challenges ahead. In order to develop a platform for local market, we will also work in partnerships."
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- E-Retailing To Grow By 2.5 Times In 3 Years: Crisil
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG