Amazon unveils cloud computing platform in APAC
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, has launched its first cloud computing platform in the Asia Pacific region located at Singapore. As a result of this move Asia Pacific-based businesses or global businesses with customers based in Asia can now leverage the AWS suite of infrastructure web services to build their businesses and run their applications in the cloud. Previously, the AWS platform was available from datacenters in the US and Europe.
"One of the most frequent and resounding requests over the last year has been for AWS to launch an Asia Pacific presence," said Andy Jassy, SVP of Amazon Web Services. "We look forward to helping Asia Pacific companies accelerate their time to market and spend their scarce engineering resources on what differentiates their business rather than on infrastructure."
Companies ranging in size from start-ups to large enterprises in over 190 countries around the world are using AWS today. For example, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory is using AWS for its e4 Mars Rover Application, which acts as a platform to massively parallelize the analysis of telemetry and images from the Mars Rovers; global pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly is using AWS to provide computational pipelines to scientists across the globe for a number of tasks, ranging from sequence database searching to protein structure prediction and virtual screening.
In addition to a broad and global customer base, AWS has a vast partner community that offers customers many different options and flexibility for using AWS. Partners such as Red Hat, Oracle, Sun, MySQL, IBM, salesforce.com and RightScale along with consultancies such as CapGemini, Deloitte, Accenture, Tata Consultancy Services and Patni Computer Systems are helping companies all over the world take their businesses to the AWS cloud.
- IBM, Salesforce Strengthen AI Partnership
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- AI, AR, ML, VoLTE To Boom In 2018: Deloitte
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- CES 2018: What's In Store For The Enterprise?
- Infosys Welcomes New CEO Salil Parekh From Jan 2
- E-commerce market Likely To Cross $50 Bn In 2018: Study
- Cloud Is Transforming The Role Of IT Organizations
- Cognitive Computing Will Redefine IoT Landscape