Amazon web services introduces elastic beanstalk
Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ: AMZN), recently announced AWS elastic beanstalk, which is meant to enable developers to quickly deploy and manage applications in the AWS cloud. Developers upload their application, and the solution automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring, informed the company.
“It automatically scales up or down as needed and developers don’t need to worry about the configuration required to set up their infrastructure on AWS,” explained Adam Selipsky, VP, AWS.
With this solution, developers retain full control over the AWS resources powering their application. The AWS informed that there is no additional charge for elastic beanstalk.
Selipsky further remarked that, “Once we started exploring the mental model of customers being able to ‘open the hood’ to tinker with the infrastructure management themselves, a light bulb went off and we realized we didn’t have to make this ‘either/or’ decision. AWS customers can now choose to have as much automation or as much control as they wish.”
With most existing application containers or platform-as-a-service solutions, developers are forced to live with all the decisions pre-determined by the vendor. However, the company stated that, with elastic beanstalk, developers retain full control over the AWS resources powering their application.
Even by adjusting default configuration settings from the management console, users can perform functions by selecting the most appropriate Amazon EC2 instance type that matches the CPU and memory requirements of their application; choosing from available database and storage options; quickly improving application reliability by running in more than one availability zone; also accessing built-in CloudWatch monitoring and getting notifications on application health and other important events.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?