Amazon Web Services launches free usage tier
Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ: AMZN), announced that developers and businesses will be able to take advantage of a free usage tier for a full year.
Beginning November 1, AWS customers will be able to run a free Amazon EC2 instance for a year, while also leveraging a new free usage tier for Amazon S3, Amazon elastic block store, Amazon elastic load balancing, and AWS data transfer. This will enable developers to launch new applications, broaden their AWS knowledge, or simply gain hands-on familiarity with the services — all while incurring no charges.
Adam Selipsky, VP, Amazon Web Services noticed, “Everyone from entrepreneurial college students to developers at Fortune 500 companies can now launch new applications at zero expense and with the peace of mind that they can instantly scale to accommodate growth. We can’t wait to see what great ideas are set in motion now that it’s free to experiment and launch production applications in the AWS cloud.”
With the new free AWS usage tier, developers will be able to launch applications at no cost. If their new application spikes in popularity, it will seamlessly scale and run on AWS’s inexpensive, pay-as-you-go, standard pricing that is much less than traditional computing costs, states the company.
AWS’s free offering for one year include 750 hours per month of micro Linux Amazon EC2 instance usage — enough to run continuously; 750 hours per month of an Amazon elastic load balancer; 10 GB per month of Amazon elastic block storage; 5 GB per month of Amazon S3 storage and 30 GB per month of internet data transfer.
AWS’s three offerings are free indefinitely 25 machine hours per month of Amazon SimpleDB; 100,000 requests per month of Amazon simple queue service and 100,000 requests per month, 100,000 Notifications over HTTP per month, and 1,000 notifications over email per month for Amazon simple notification service.
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment