Ambarish Deshpande appointed as Blue Coat Systems’ India MD
Blue Coat Systems, a provider of Web security and WAN optimization solutions said that the company has appointed Ambarish Deshpande as Managing Director of India.
Deshpande will be responsible for sales, alliance strategies and growth of the Indian market and will report to Steve Rowland, Vice President of Sales for Blue Coat in Asia Pacific.
“An established sales veteran with more than 17 years of experience, Ambarish has an impressive record in building teams, driving market expansion and putting successful channel strategies in place. His extensive network and proven business acumen will help Blue Coat provide next generation WAN optimization and Web security solutions to enterprises throughout India,” said Rowland.
In his prior role, Deshpande was Director of alliance, channels and mid-market South Asia at McAfee. Prior to joining McAfee, he spent seven years in Symantec where he grew the security business to $20mn in revenue. He is credited with starting the Indian sales operations of IronPort, which was acquired by Cisco.
“Blue Coat is uniquely positioned with its forward-thinking solutions and technologies that help enterprises safely and effectively leverage the transformational forces of the Web and Cloud for their networks,” said Deshpande. “I look forward to leading the team and increasing our presence in India, while strengthening our channel to realize the fuller potential of the Blue Coat business in this region.”
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine