AMD Appoints Rajan Naik as Sr. VP and Chief Strategy Officer
Chip maker AMD said that Rajan Naik has joined the company as Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer.
He will report to President and Chief Executive Officer Rory Read.
Naik, who was most recently a Partner in McKinsey & Company’s Technology practice will be responsible for AMD’s short-and long-term strategy development, including market opportunities, strategic partnerships and investment strategies.
“Rajan Naik possesses a strong track record of execution in strategic planning, product and market strategy, and operational performance,” Read said. “He will help ensure strategic and operational alignment across our business to take advantage of growth opportunities in lower power, emerging markets and cloud computing.”
Naik spent 11 years at McKinsey & Company, where he provided counsel to various companies in the technology and telecom industries. Prior to his tenure at McKinsey, he worked as a senior engineer at Intel Corporation. Prior to Intel, he was a member of the technical staff at Lucent Technologies.
Naik joins AMD following the appointment of Dr. Lisa Su as Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Business Units, as well as the appointment of Mark Papermaster as Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer.
Naik has a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Cornell University and a PhD in engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He will be primarily based in Austin, Texas.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question