AMD India Launches Dual-Core Opteron Line-up
AMD India today announced the launch of a broad portfolio of their 64-bit, dual-core server and workstation solutions for enterprise users, to desktop and desktop-replacement notebooks for consumers and business users.
AMD claims that the dual-core Opteron processors deliver up to a 90 percent performance improvement for application servers over single-core AMD Opteron processors.
“India is in the midst of an exciting growth phase, led by a technology revolution. It is appropriate that we introduce products such as the dual-core AMD Opteron processor to address the real requirements of enterprise consumers,” said Ajay Marathe, president, AMD India. “AMD is fast becoming an integral part of the enterprise landscape in India. We believe that customer-centric innovation and technology leadership are the keys to AMD’s ability to deliver on the promise to our customers,” he added.
Several dual-Core AMD Opteron processor-based systems were announced today from a variety of vendors including Sun, HP, IBM, Wipro and HCL.
The dual-core Opteron 800 series is available immediately and the dual-core Opteron 200 Series will be available in late May. AMD expects systems from OEM partners based the Dual-Core AMD Opteron 800 Series to be available within 30 days and systems with the Dual-Core AMD Opteron 200 Series to be available in June.
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- 3 Ways Businesses Can Block Ransomware
- Cloud Solutions Aid HelpAge India Enhance Elderly Care
- The Digital Waves Hit India's Pharma Industry
- TCS Embarks On Restructuring With Digital Technology